Home

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Who Am I?

I often ask myself this question….  I am loving being a stay at home mom more than I thought I would. I thought I would miss the career I thought I wanted but never really had.  I realize God knew what he was doing after all and this being a mother is really the most important job for me. I cherish every day with Aurora.  Although some days I long for a break, I find myself missing something after a few hours without her.
I do help out with the family finances by managing our rental properties but I am wishing to do something more…. while staying at home with Aurora of course.
I am a purist, basic type of person.  I love to cook and bake.  I try to keep it homemade, healthy and natural.  I am trying to get back to a regular exercise schedule with I enjoy for stress relief and so I can enjoy food more.  I love shopping, especially bargain hunting.  I keep my faith close to my heart.  I love reading, especially historical fiction.  Gardening is great too.  There is something very therapeutic about weeding to me.
Homemade in Heels… well I like to keep things homemade; our food and our fun a lot of times too.  I really want to be a good mother and for me, to be a good mother, I need to feel good.  I feel better when I am confident and I am confident when I feel put together.   And I believe I do all things better when I achieve this balance. So I may not be making a homemade dinner, playing play dough or going to the zoo in heels but it speaks to the need for balance between mommyhood and self.  And I do love to break out the heals for the occasional personal time.

2 comments:

  1. The cutes picture of you two -and now being a mommy too, I absolutly know what your talking about the heels :)
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a fabulous perspective! so nice to meet you and thanks for linking to my blog! your little girl is a beauty!I adore the red hair! blessings!

    ReplyDelete